Monday, April 21, 2014

Just Things

A nice, quiet weekend for me...  Currently, Nedi is outside playing with the squirrels, while Lovey is lying in a patch of sunlight on the foot of the bed.  I woke up about ten minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off this morning, so I turned it off.  I drifted back to wakefulness 40 minutes later, with Lovey burbling in my ear and the sound of finches and sparrows singing outside the door.  I gave the squirrels walnuts this morning, and was very happy to see Cashew appear for breakfast.  I hadn't seen him for almost a week, and I know the service dog caught and killed two squirrels last week.  While the owner of the service dog said she'd like to work with me to get help training her dog, she hasn't "had any time" to do so.  The poor dog, meanwhile, howls inside the apartment - and this morning, has been trying to dig his way out through the window.  He's a young dog and needs plenty of exercise, love, companionship, and obedience training...  I feel sorry for both him and the owner, as she will continue to have problems with him.
  I move into Rosie's early Wednesday, and will stay there through the weekend.  Hopefully I can get the family's laptop up and running again.  And it will be nice to see this next to the last episode of Vikings on a 5-foot screen...  I just read an interview with Michael Hirst, the only writer involved with the series (indeed, he's the creator and sole writer), that next year's episodes will include one showing the sacking of Paris - that is an episode to look forward to!  But, as always, I want more; and much sooner than next year.  The first day of filming for the third season has already been set for 2 June, in Ireland.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of the major characters return.
  Zenyatta's filly, sired by War Front, arrived at Lane's End Farm at 12:03 a.m. on Easter morning.  She is a gorgeous bay, with a curling white blaze on her face.  The weather at the farm was so beautiful that Zenyatta and her foal were taken out to the paddock yesterday morning to enjoy the sun, and for the filly to try out her legs.  I still like the name I came up with - Zen Somme - for her;other folks are pressing for Eazter or Eazter Bunny, and a few for Z War Zone or No More Warz.....  I'd like commemorate all of the fallen men along the Somme back in World War I, myself....
14Z outside on Easter morning

No comments: