Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weather, and Little Bits

Eighty degrees today, and snow tomorrow night...  Colorado weather can't be beat!  The mountains are expecting 4 to 16 inches of snow Sunday afternoon, evening, and Monday morning.  The weather forecasters say we'll end up with 1 to 2 inches of slush on the ground by noon Monday.  And then we'll have highs in the mid-50s for the rest of the week - well, it is still April; and last year we did get 12 inches of snow on 2 May.   Rosie and I had a great time yesterday, and I visited Sasquatch and Tugger to see how their new pill-gun works.  There is a robin building a nest on one of the deck lamps at Rosie's, so I've turned off the switch, so the light won't bother any chicks (with Nancy and Joel's permission, of course).
  My court appearance for April 29 and 30 has been cancelled - the case has been settled out of court with a plea bargain.  But I believe that I'll take the 30th off anyway, and go down to Denver for the day - wander through the shops on the 16th Street Mall and possibly hit the library for some research.
  I managed to get Joel's laptop cleaned up and running nicely after 3 days.  Last night I clicked "Shut Down" after looking at Kentucky Derby contender pedigrees.  This morning, the laptop states that it is no longer connected to the internet.  I've un-plugged and re-plugged all the connectors, and the power source.  The little so-and-so still says it's no longer connected to the internet.  I went upstairs and disconnected and re-connected all the cables to the main frame, and re-started it.  The laptop still says it's not connected...  I guess I'll leave it up to Joel to "fix" when he returns...
  A week from the Derby!  I'm starting to get excited, and am looking forward to a clean race with no injuries and no objections...  A couple of the colts are still pretty green, so there might be objections, especially with the crowd noise at Churchill Downs.

No comments: