Monday, April 28, 2014

Weather, Vikings, and the Derby

I know that the Midwest, South, and East coasts have all be experiencing terrible weather.  Our weather folks said we'd have lots of rain and snow from Saturday night through noon today.  We've had two very brief rain showers (less than 5 minutes each)  and we are having some wind - nothing bad yet in Boulder, but they're having 50 to 70 mph winds up in the mountains.
   It was nice to get home last night and climb into bed with my kits.  Nedi had to nurse on my right arm, as usual, while Lovey hasn't let me do anything unaccompanied.  I've spent 90 minutes with Sasquatch and Tugger on Redwood this morning, and walked Rosie and played with Boo.  I've also swept my patio, fed my squirrels, and have my supper planned.  I'll head back to Tugger and Sasquatch again tonight, and then early tomorrow morning.  Then I'm free for 48 hours - I was going to go down to Denver, but I'm going to stay at home and vegetate (mostly).
   I just received notice that the History Channel is going to do a marathon showing of the second season of Vikings tomorrow, which is Tuesday, 29 April.  The viewing will begin at 2 p. m. and all 9 episodes from this season that have previously been aired, will show again, in order.  Of course, this is the big lead up to Thursday night's season finale - which has King Horick telling Floki he must kill Bjorn (Ragnar's oldest son) and telling Siggy that she must kill all of Ragnar's younger sons in the Main Hall.   -  Somehow, I don't think it happens....
   In Saturday's Kentucky Derby, Ring Weekend has spiked a fever of 102, and will not run.  Since Midnight Hawk is also not running, that means that, at the moment, both Harry's Holiday and Commanding Curve are now included in the top 20 contenders.

No comments: