Friday, May 9, 2014

Kent's Surgery; and, Smile!

Well, we've had a couple of cooler days with rain.  Yesterday, at 4 in the afternoon, I was going out the front door of the complex, when I heard a tremendous BOOM followed by a whole bunch of crackling sounds - like bricks, rocks, or concrete raining down after an explosion.  I ran to look at surrounding buildings, but all were normal; then the skies opened to a very cold rain with a scattering of tiny hail.  I put my umbrella up and moved on....  At Lynn's house I ended up covering 6 of  her garden beds with a "wonder" fabric that allows light and moisture inside, but is supposed to keep out the cold.  It was 35 degrees here this morning.
   And we are forecast, for Mother's Day (Sunday), to have snow....   We've just had 4 days with highs in the 80s - I think Mother Nature is playing with us.

   Brother-in-law Kent Snow had another huge operation at the Mayo Clinic today.  The Doctors told the family that they got 99 to 100% of the brain tumor removed.  And they don't believe that there was much collateral damage to his normal brain functions.  His wife, kids, and sister Fran are with him there; now awaiting his return to consciousness from the anesthesia...  Please send out good  thoughts, healing thoughts and prayers for Kent.

  And, just because I'm a wacky, silly, crazy person, here are a few photos that make me smile:





And, still my favorite:


No comments: