Friday, May 2, 2014

Untapable Wins Kentucky Oaks Easily

Untapable showed why she was the morning line betting favorite in great style.  Under the guidance of Rosie Napravnik, she settled several lengths behind the leaders, and took the lead at the top of the home stretch, winning easily by 4 and 1/2 lengths.  I was definitely wrong about Untapable.  She was clearly the best of the twelve fillies who took to the track today.  Empress of Midway was a late scratch.
  How did my choices fair?  Not so hot, unless you think second, third and fourth place finishes count...
 My Miss Sophia finished a game second - I had picked her for her pedigree...
 Unbridled Forever was several lengths back in third place - I chose her for looks and pedigree...
 Rosalind finished fourth - again, a looks and pedigree choice
 Thank You Marylou was fifth
 Ria Antonia finished in sixth place -  I chose her on looks
 Got Lucky ran seventh
 Sugar Shock, after a quick run from the gate, was eighth
 Aurelia's Belle
 Please Explain
 Fashion Plate
 Kiss Moon was the last under the wire

The payouts were (for a $2 bet):  $4 for Untapable to win; $4.20 for My Miss Sophia to place; $6.00 for Unbridled Forever to show; the $2 Exacta paid $21.80; the $2 Trifecta paid $178.20.
(I placed $20 in bets; received back $21.80.)  So I didn't actually lose any cash....

No comments: