Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tall Ships at Cape Charles Virginia

The Tall Ships are at Cape Charles, Virginia through today, and I wish I was there.
One of the Tall Ships at Cape Charles

Two members of the Moody Crewe pirate reenactors

Pony rides and a petting zoo are available for the kids

Captain Lauren Morgens of the Kalmar Nyckel

Master Gunner Orion Couling of the privateer clipper Lynx explains the cannon to visitor

Beatrice called me yesterday and wanted to know if I knew about "the water problems" that the manager had gotten her out of bed for.  I told her no, but then JC knocked on the door - there was a clog and a back-up in the pipes for the bath tubs and toilets, and we weren't to use them (or any water) until further notice.  About that time, Wayne, my neighbor across the hall, started yelling - water was cascading from his bathroom throughout his apartment.  Then my toilet overflowed, and I suddenly had 6 inches of dirty water in the tub, too.  I had to clear everything out of the bathroom, and will have to wash the throw rugs today.  The problem began before 9 in the morning and wasn't cleared up until 3 yesterday afternoon - and about 8 of us had either a flooded bathroom, or a completely flooded apartment.  Yuck.
  
   Happy Fathers Day to everyone who acts as a Dad everywhere in the world!

No comments: