Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mid-Week

It's another beautiful morning - and the weather folks say it'll stay that way through Tuesday.  I feel for my friends on the east coast, however.  It sounds like tropical storm Arthur might make the days leading up to July 4 wet and windy - which means cleaning up and, hopefully, clearing skies on Friday itself (except in New England).  I have been invited to the Snow family gathering in Niwot at Dave and Tracey's house - but I'm also still house sitting for Tess, Lyra and Lily, plus caring for and medicating Sasquatch and Tugger.  I'll have to see how I feel on Friday….
  Apparently, what I've been doing for the drooping, fried-looking plants has been successful - the petunias and pansies at the Hawkins' looked almost normal last night; and the Chinese wisteria (tree) on Lynn's porch is beginning to stretch it's leaves out again - instead of everything falling off….  I've never been able to keep green things, other than catnip, alive.  I either over water or under water; I have a black thumb.  Luckily, the garden is still going great guns - if no one else grabs the cauliflower, I guess I'll harvest it for Lynn and put it in the refrigerator for her return.
   I was able to grow things, for a while, when I was in my apartment in Gainesville - I was quite successful with several types of pepperomia, and a couple of huge asparagus ferns.  I had them on the balcony railing of my walk-up front door - and one night, after working a normal night-shift at Shands Teaching Hospital, I returned home to an empty rail - all of the plants had been stolen.  Since then, I've killed everything - so I'm always apprehensive when I agree to care for green and growing things…
   I've fed and watered the cats and dog here, and walked Tessa; have watered all of the outside plants; have taken care of Sasquatch and Tugger; and have taken my meds and had blueberry waffles for breakfast.  Now I'll be getting ready to go walk Rosie, and then go  home and visit my kits.  And I'm having tea with Alexy at her new home at 3 this afternoon.  That means I'll be able to visit and love on Cloudy and Shady, her cats, as well.
   I guess I'm lazy - I just want to sit and do nothing…  But I need to get my rear in  gear and get moving.  Time waits for no one and nothing.

No comments: