Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Horse With No Name Studio & Gallery, Chincoteague

If taking a wonderfully informative and hands-on boat-ride around Chincoteague with Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises is not your cup of tea, and if you are artistically inclined, then I highly recommend a visit to The Horse With No Name Studio and Gallery, located at 4163 Main Street.  Dawn Tarr is a local artist; Zebie Z Hursh is a local photographer and artist.  The two fantastic ladies have teamed up, and this is their third (or fourth?) year running the Horse With No Name.  This studio and gallery sells artwork made (or, in the case of photos, taken by, edited by, matted and farmed) by local artists only; which is different from most of the other art galleries and studios on the island.  I always stop in and purchase something from the shop - a necklace, a photo, a painting, something carved, a bracelet.  I always see much more than I can actually afford, but I can usually get at least one item - but I always seem to leave at least ten more items that I really, really would like to purchase....




They'll even paint your vehicle!

No comments: