Tuesday, September 2, 2014

45 Degrees This Morning! - Stupid Accident

It's the second day of September; I'm dressed in shorts and a T-shirt and leather walking shoes.  I couldn't figure out why I felt so chilly when I switched the water systems for the irrigation ditch this morning - then I found out it was 45 degrees outside.  Gee, no wonder I felt chilly!  We are supposed to quickly reach the mid-80s today and then have a high in the low 90s tomorrow.  But fall is definitely in the air - and if one travels up to the higher elevations, you can see the leaves are beginning to change colors.  I think we'll have an early fall foliage season this time around...
  My kits are very clingy this morning.  I wish I could make them understand that I'll be home, sleeping in my bed tonight, with them,  and for the next several nights.  The sun is shining brightly, and I still have some removal stuff to perform at Lynn's, but, other than walking Rosie this morning, packing up my stuff and getting it back home, all I have to do otherwise is pick Lynn up from DIA this evening.  Then almost two weeks at home in  my own bed, with my kits.  It will be heavenly.  Then I'm back at Lynn's and over with the ABC's before I'm back home again...  And I'll only spend 10 nights away before I'm back home.  Yea!  Summer crazy-busy is slowing down at last!
   I was intrigued by a sign up in Russell Gulch on Saturday that stated they had "horses for rent" and an arrow pointing up a trail to the west.  I'll have to check them out next summer - see the outfit, look at the horses, find out the charges and see about the riding opportunities.  It might be a new place to ride up in the mountains.
   Back to common sense....  A woman was picking up her daughter at school.  She was driving and texting at the same time, in front of the school.  There was a guard rail made of pipes alongside the school sidewalk to protect the students.  The mother was so involved with her texting that she drove her SUV into the pipe guardrail; she was going so fast that the pipe rail entered the front of her car through the headlight - and proceeded to pass through the engine, and ended up in the driver's thigh and piercing her butt cheek, pinning her in the car.  The pipe had to be cut off and her car was cut open with the Jaws of Life in order to extract the woman (impaled to the car seat) and get her into an ambulance for transport to a hospital for the removal of the pipe.  The woman is alive; the car is totaled; no students were hurt.
  Please do NOT drive and text - or drive and talk on the phone - it's simply too dangerous for everyone in the area, including you, the driver.

No comments: