Friday, September 5, 2014

Boulder Weather

Three nights of sleeping in my own bed, and I feel renewed!  Having Lovey stuck to me at all times, and having Nedi come and demand love has also made me feel much better.  The only down-side of any of it is that Lovey keeps walking on my keyboard and erasing whole pages of writing...  She particularly likes to settle down and then edge her butt and tail closer and closer to the corner of the board, and then I suddenly have a blank page....  But I love her and Nedi to distraction.
  I am headed back to the Denver Airport this afternoon - one of my clients had a death in the family, and I'm at their house until Sunday evening.  Then I have seven days and nights at home - my vacation.  I am so excited.  I am still catching up on all the photos that folks have shared with me from Chincoteague and Assateague this summer - and I've got at least 500 shots from Pony Penning to still open and look at...  Thanks to everyone who has sent them to me!
  It is 50 degrees outside at this point in time (8 a.m.) and our high temperature is supposed to be 63...  Seems like fall has snuck in early, in the Rockies.  I have the patio door cracked, but both kits are inside, and the window is open.  Even though my eat is off, the thermostat says it's 70 degrees inside.  It is drizzling out, and has been doing so since three this morning.  If I were in Scotland, I could say it was a nice, soft day - here in Colorado, it's a cool and damp day.  We have had snow here on this date in the past 10 years, so I'm not really surprised.  Folks have been worried about the weather for the Broncos-Colts game Sunday evening, but Marty (the weather man) says he thinks the rain will be finished and out to the east by kick-off time for Sunday Night Football.
  I had blueberry waffles for breakfast this morning, and will probably have a whole wheat blueberry bagel with cream cheese for lunch - since I need to be at the client's home at noon to go to DIA.

No comments: