Sunday, September 7, 2014

Football

I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed a full day of college football yesterday - especially since all of the teams I like won their games!  I did feel badly for Lynn's gardener, as he showed up at the house, expecting to be paid, and I had to tell him that, once again, Lynn was away and hadn't left any money for him.  Martin is a wonderful man, but I could see yesterday that he was not happy having to wait, again, for his pay.  I made certain that he understood that Lynn would be home after 6 p.m. today, but that she was leaving next weekend for Aspen, and he should collect his pay before Saturday.  I'm sleeping in Christina's room because Lynn believes that Lyra won't pee on Tina's bed...but I think she was peeing on Connor's because of her urinary tract infection, not because it was Connor's bed....
   Anyway, I spent several hours with Tugger yesterday, and will do so again this evening (having already visited this morning).  Then I'll come home and (other than twice a day visits with Tugger on Monday and Tuesday) my vacation actually begins.  Happy, happy, happy, I am.  I have a lot of research to catch up on, and I plan to spend a lot of time just playing with, and loving, my kits.  And I need to start cutting and sewing on a new quilt....
   I am trying to decide whether I want more pizza for supper (left over from last night), or if I want to run up to China Gourmet for lemon chicken when I leave Tugger's tonight.  I guess I'll decide when it's time for me to leave the old man.
  I kept the window barely cracked open Friday and Saturday, here at the apartment, but I opened it fully when I returned this morning.  Lovey keeps rubbing all over me and talking to me, while Nedi spent 30 minutes in my lap, getting stroked and scratched.  It'll be nice to be home for a while...
 

No comments: