Saturday, September 27, 2014

Home, But Not Sleeping

Well, here I am, at home.  It's 2:10 in the morning, and I thought I'd be sleeping peacefully, with Lovey and Nedi, in my own bed.  I went to bed at 10, having been up since 5 a.m.; I have not had more than 30 minutes of uninterrupted sleep since then.  At first, I thought the screams, yells, and laughter were from a disbanding party at the Harvest House Hotel.  (They do big weddings and receptions and other "large events.")  Then I realized that the noise was bouncing off the privacy fence and coming back at me.  At 1:50, I finally got dressed and went out into the apartment hallway to investigate.  As I stepped into our lobby, I saw that the recycle box for mail and magazines was stuffed full of empty beer cans, which it hadn't been when I arrived home from Cooper and Lola's.  I could hear voices and laughter as I walked toward the stairs; upstairs, I easily identified the source of the party - A-215.
   I just called the police with a noise complaint, and they are on the way.  Maybe I can get some solid sleep soon.

No comments: