Saturday, September 20, 2014

Island Bood Song

Home college football game today - and folks were cheering in the hotel parking lot behind my place at 7 a.m. this morning - kickoff is at 2.  Sorry I'll be leaving my kits home alone, but I have to get back to Tessa's house.  And I'm afraid I'll be watching the Gators - Alabama game instead of tuning in to the Hawaii and Colorado Buffs game.
  I'm still feeling the draw of Chincoteague and Assateague Islands...  Have been looking through the realty listings for Chincoteague, and have a listing of more than 30 properties that would meet, or exceed, my needs.  Two houses and one townhouse are actually on Marsh Island, but the rest are firmly on Chincoteague - including several spectacular homes that I could afford (if I won the lottery!).  I love the setting and layout of one house on Marsh Island, but all of the interior is painted in a bright lemon yellow - almost the color of the gelid lemon part of a lemon meringue pie, so that would need to be totally repainted before I could move in.  I figure that if I live on the island, I'll have plenty of visitors, so I've also looked at two places that are currently Bed and Breakfast houses (each has 5 en suite bedrooms) - but, again, I'd have to do a lot of wallpaper removal and re-painting.  Then I thought, I could get a small place for myself, and have a nice "visitor's house" for company, so I could have my alone time and space - but, I'd have to win the lottery for that, too....
  Anyway, if you're interested in what is happening on Chincoteague, and at the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, and at the Assateague National Seashore (on the Virginia end of Assateague Island), I suggest you visit and read the following two articles: "Chincoteague to Feds: ..."
http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/virginia/2014/09/13/leave-assateague-beach-alone/15581947/

and  "Circumnavigating Chincoteague" at:
http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/life/outdoors/2014/09/19/chincoteague-tour-boat/15882607/


  For more general information about Chincoteague, I happily refer you to:  http://www.chincoteague.com/

And I highly recommend the Barrier Islands Center, located in Machipongo, too:   http://www.barrierislandscenter.com/

No comments: