Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mindless Trivia

I'm just going to let my mind float from item to item today, and not try for any true cohesive story or specific comments; get ready for a wild ride.  It was 42 degrees outside this morning, and I actually am wearing jeans, thanks to living in this little dip by Boulder Creek - and the humidity is at 87%.  The kits are running in and out, and seem to be quite invigorated by the temperature change.
  I monitor five spots to check and compare weather and I've been amazed at the results.  The places that I monitor, thanks to the National Weather Service, are (1) Boulder, Colorado where I live; (2) Chincoteague Island, Virginia where my heart is; (3) Vero Beach, Florida where two of my best friends live and work; (4) Gainesville, Florida where I went to school and lived for many years; and (5) Newton, Illinois where my "adopted sister" is currently living.  For some reason, I thought that Chincoteague, being an island, would always have the highest humidity; but it is usually Gainesville, or Newton, that has the highest humidity ratings.  Chincoteague usually has the lowest humidity, or second lowest, behind Boulder.  This morning, in regard to humidity, Chincoteague has the least, followed by Boulder, Vero Beach, Newton, and Gainesville has the highest - it just seems weird to me, even though I'm sure there's a good scientific reason for it.
  My hair has grown out to a length just below my shoulders - it really seems odd to have long hair after keeping it cut very short for forty years.  During hot weather, it's gathered up and pinned up to the back of my head; today, it's loose and is keeping my ears warm.  I'll have to get a friend to take a photo, so I can share it with friends.
  So much awful stuff seems to be going on in the world - or has it always happened, but the almost instantaneous media dispersion of today just seems to make the horrors more numerous?  I mean, the high school shooting in North Carolina this morning, ISIS in the Middle East,the murder of the missing real estate agent, the missing college student in Virginia, numbers of kids escaping juvenile detention centers after attacking a guard with rocks, the capture and beheading of journalists and observers, the spread of ebola, the uncertainty about this enterovirus 68 and muscle paralysis in the children afflicted with it,....  The list is seemingly endless, but I have the feeling that this is just an on-going product of our so-called civilization, and that I am only aware of it because of today's technology....
   If you are not offended by irreverence, I have two URLs to recommend. If you are easily offended by non-reverent references to God, Jesus, Mary, Mary Magdalene, or the Buddha, please do not click on the following links.
   Comments on religious paintings (both are two or more pages long):
http://www.cracked.com/article_19947_the-11-most-unintentionally-hilarious-religious-paintings.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_20719_5-hilariously-perverse-trends-you-missed-in-famous-artwork.html?wa_user1=3&wa_user2=History&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended

And these led me to:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-artifacts-that-will-shatter-your-image-middle-ages/


No comments: