Friday, September 19, 2014

Much Better

I think that I've dealt with my "hurt" phase and am ready to carry on, as usual.  Lovey is sitting at my elbow and keeps nudging my chin with her jaw, nose, and forehead.  I know that she's marking me with scent, but I still find it endearing - especially since Lyra slept with me last night, and I'm sure that her scent is also on me.  I have the back door open and both kits just ran outside - I didn't hear anything, but their hearing is definitely much better than mine.  We had temperatures in the upper 80s for the last two days, and that's the forecast for today.  Afternoon showers are being prognosticated for the next week, beginning tomorrow.
   I have another wonderful day of college football tomorrow - the only problem is that Hawaii and Colorado kick off (here in Boulder) at 2, just a half-hour after the Florida Gators and the Alabama Crimson Tide begin their game....  Then a 5:30 kick-off for South Carolina and Vanderbilt...  And, of course, Sunday will give us a Super Bowl rematch with the Broncos at the Seattle Seahawks.
  I will buy a couple of lottery tickets today - the Mega Millions game is at $72 million and Powerball is at $196 million...  I won't waste a lot of money, but I will buy a couple for each drawing.  If I won either lottery, I'd be moving back to the east coast in a heart beat!
  Right now I need to call my psychiatrist's office to see if I can snag an appointment for today.  The group has been using this weird set-up for over a year, and I complain about it each time I have to "run the gauntlet."  Apparently, in the past, more than half of the scheduled appointments never appeared - I've never missed an appointment, myself.  The system is being changed, yet again, on 6 October of this year; I hope the new one works better than this one.  I used to book my next appointment when I left the office, having just seen the doctor. - OK - I called the office at 8:00 and was on hold at until 8:10; I was told, again, that there were no appointments available. Now I'm angry, and I wanted to be calm and happy today - *Sigh*-  My shrink has office hours on Thursday and Friday only, and he also takes vacations and is frequently available only one day a week. You can not set up an appointment in advance.  You have to set it up on the day that you call in, either Thursday, or Friday, and, if you're lucky, you have two times offered to you.  This is my fifth week of calling, and I will be out of medication next weekend.  Grrrrrrrrr!

No comments: