Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall Round-Up, Oyster Festival Today

Still working away at trying to decide where the family should stay for our family reunion on Chincoteague during this up-coming Pony Penning week.  I have contacted seven different companies, and have asked how they would count our occupancy numbers - 7 adults, a two year old, and a babe in arms.  I have received answers of "occupancy numbers" of 7, 8, and 9.  I, personally, would prefer to have at least 2 1/2 bathrooms available - but I just asked the entire crew whether they thought we could "make do" with just two full baths, as I've found a very good bargain - but the home has only two baths...  Now I'm waiting for answers again.
   Yesterday was grey and foggy, with 95 to 100% humidity all day.  The high temperature in Boulder was 53.  Yuck.  I did get a lot of research done, just because of the weather, so I guess that can be counted in the plus column.  Lyra slept with me again last night, but Tessa slept across the door sill, partially in the room and partially out in the hall...  She hasn't done that before.  My kits are getting tons of love, while the squirrels are sharpening their teeth and eating Brazil nuts.  I'll be spending the day with both Tessa and Rosie...
   Today is the Chincoteague Island Oyster Festival - it starts at 12 noon at Tom's Cove Park.  The usual Saturday Farmer's Market is taking place from 8 a.m. until noon today, on Church Street.  And today is the last day of the Chincoteague Pony Fall Round-Up, where folks who purchased young foals in July can pick them up and take them home; and where a few foals born after Pony Penning are usually up for sale...
  The Gators are my only team playing this weekend - my other main three teams, including the Broncos, have bye weeks...  So it'll be a slow weekend for me - but I'm sure I'll find a few games to watch.   Ooops!  Messed up there.  The Broncos will play the New York Jets here in Denver tomorrow.
   Of course, if I were on Chincoteague, I'd be at the Carnival Grounds all day long today....

No comments: