Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall Round-Up Reminder, Oyster Festival

A chilly morning here - 35 degrees and 87% humidity...  Hoping the sun will peep out for today's walk with Rosie!  Again, I thoroughly enjoyed How To Get Away With Murder last night - there have been some very interesting twists and turns, and unexpected court room revelations.  Very good, indeed!  The kits went out this morning, but came back inside quickly.  Lovey is on the foot of the bed, burbling at me, while Nedi is on top of the cat tree.
   Tomorrow there will be a Wellness Walk at the Wildlife Loop on Assateague Island (Virginia) at 10 in the morning.  It's free, so go out, enjoy the walk with friends, and enjoy the beautiful scenery and wildlife.  If I were within a 4-hour drive, I'd be there myself!   Nest weekend, on Chincoteague and Assateague - the Fall Pony Round-Up will take place on October 10 and 11...  If the crowds at Pony Penning were too much for you to bear, go now and see the Saltwater Cowboys and the ponies.  And the Annual Oyster Festival will take place on Saturday, October 11, at Tom's Cove Park - you must have purchased a ticket to participate...
   I'll be watching football here in Colorado both weekends...  CU has a home game, with the kick-off at 2 tomorrow afternoon, so I'll go grocery shopping early and then stay at home to avoid the madness.  AT least I have a full day of football to watch - the Gators play at Tennessee on the SEC Network, CU faces the Oregon State Beavers  on the PAC Network, and then the Gamecocks are at Kentucky on the SEC Network.  Sunday, I'll watch the Cardinals visit our stadium in Denver on Fox.  I'm hoping for some good, well-played games!
   Sister Kathy and I have arranged a "date" to look at the places (homes) available for rent for the 2015 Pony Penning.  She has decided that she'd like some in-put about where we stay, so I'll acquiesce.  Since there will be 7 adults and 2-year-old Evie, I want to have three toilets available - that's my only standard (because I never know when my tummy will decide to go crazy and demand the use of a toilet immediately).

No comments: