Sunday, October 5, 2014

Football and Dreams

In regards to football:  a win is a win, and a loss is a loss, period.  Yesterday was a wild ride in the college games.  I am looking forward to today's Broncos game, and I hope the orange and blue players win.  Who will catch Peyton Manning's 500th touchdown pass?  Tamme? Welker? Julius or Demaryius Thomas? Someone else?  We'll see.....
   I had another extremely real-seeming dream this morning...  Earlier this week, when I awoke I thought I was laying on my usual cot in the landing at Grandpa's house on Peterson Street - it took me a while to realize I was in bed in Boulder.  This morning, I dreamed I was in a convoy of yellow- painted trucks; we came under artillery fire, and my vehicle slewed across the roadway;  then this kelly green "thing" approached, and I knew it was a machine that had "the enemy" inside it.   This huge three-fingered claw reached out towards me, and I slammed my right hand up to try to push it away...  (So stupid, I know...) The claw was larger than a VW bug - and I remember thinking that the surface of the claw was very hard and very cold.  That's when I woke up - with my right hand fingers jammed against the concrete block of the wall next to my bed.  I had struck the wall so hard that I broke off four fingernails, one in the quick.  Apparently I'm "acting out" my dreams in my sleep again...  And I am fully cognizant that one of the medications I take daily makes dreams hugely vivid.
   There was a large contingent of Oregon State Beaver fans here yesterday, but even though they won, they were relatively quiet.  When the Buffs win, the town goes wild.  Maybe the visitors are better mannered...
   And here's a photo that a friend took of the bull moose that was wandering around the neighborhood near Chautauqua Park, here in Boulder, the other day:

No comments: