Monday, October 13, 2014

Vacation Rental Complete

Since I asked Kathy to help me decide which place we should choose to rent for our Family Reunion on Chincoteague, I've watched 20 homes disappear from the list, as other folks have rented them.  When my sister told me Friday night that she was cancelling our meeting this Wednesday to make the decision, and she didn't know when it could be rescheduled, I decided to send a message to the other adults involved, and determine their preferences.  I rented a townhouse on the Assateague Channel that sleeps 10; has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths; has two upper decks (or balconies) and an open porch.  All of the porches and decks look over the Channel, and one can easily see the Assateague Lighthouse - and we have the use of a pier, too.  It's about a half-mile from the Pony Swim area, and immediately next to a place where we can rent boats, canoes, and kayaks.  I'm so happy that I've already paid and have the confirmation of the reservation.  Now I feel I can relax again.
   It was pretty chilly here in Boulder yesterday - never got above 56 degrees, and the wind was constantly blowing and shifting directions.  The news reported that Breckenridge had had 4.5 inches of snow yesterday, and that the low last night would be 26.  Arapaho Basin and Copper Mountain are having their usual race to see who will be the first ski resort to open....  After a low of 34 this morning, we're looking at 10 days of clear, sunny skies with highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s.  We'll see.   I know I saw cars and trucks this morning that snow on the roofs and the windows were scraped...  I'm guessing they came down from Nederland, or somewhere higher up.
   My kits are having a blast this morning - they keep racing in and out of the apartment, and chasing one another.  Lovey is sitting at my elbow on my desk, while Nedi is out of sight.  Squirrels are eating walnuts and two are sharpening their teeth on the deer antlers.  Rosie and I had a quiet day yesterday.  We went for several short walks, and watched the Broncos game, taking another short ramble at halftime.  Last night, Rosie's folks called a little after 8, as they were going out for a late dinner on the East coast, and I had to admit that Rosie and I were in bed, reading Archaeology  magazine.  (Of course, the Giants and Eagles game was on the television, but I turned it off after 5 minutes of the third quarter...)
   I'll be staying at home again beginning Wednesday - and, unless something urgent happens, I'll be here at home for the rest of the month.  Happiness.

No comments: