Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weather Change

Hoooooo, boy!  What a couple of days of college football.  I was ecstatic when Mizzou beat Arkansas and became the leader/winner of the Eastern division of the SEC.  The only other team I was rooting for, that actually won, was Georgia Tech.  Dad got me into the habit of admiring the underdog....  Now I'll have to see what the Broncos do tonight.
   Since the Wednesday, we've been having unseasonable warmth - the highs have been in the uppers 60s and low 70s.  That changes today; we've already seen our high temperature, and it's supposed to steadily drop as a windy cold front drops in from the north.  The low tonight is forecast to be 14, after a high of 74 yesterday.  Time to get the woolies out again...
   I finally caught the mouse that Tipsi brought in Friday - since Tipsi roams the neighborhood, I just put it back outside the garage.Pounce has slept beside me every night at the ABC's, while Cooper and Lola have been getting two long walks each day.  I made another pumpkin pie last night - finished reading the new Pendergast thriller, Blue Labyrinth, and have started The Palace, another Count Saint Germaine novel.  Lots of new books out that I want to purchase, but I have to save for the family trip to Chincoteague in July.
  My kits have been full of beans, running everywhere, for the past few days.  I don't know if it's been the warm weather, or what has set them off.  Now is when I start looking forward to the Denver National Western Stock Show in January.  And I need to check my calendar for next month's jobs...  Thankfully, people love their animals, and want e to care for them!

No comments: