Saturday, December 6, 2014

Found Kitten, Christmas Shopping

I stepped out into the front hall yesterday evening to check my mail, and I ran into my friend Dave.  Dave lives at the end of the hall, while I live in the middle.  I have always seen and spoken to Dave outside.  I knew he was tall, but I never realized how tall until we talked in the hall last night.  His head almost touched the ceiling light.  Now, I know I'm short - 5 feet, 1 inch; Dave must be 6 feet, 8 inches at the least.  Anyway, we had a nice talk and Lovey decided to join us in the hall - and actually walked right up to Dave and let him pet her.  Nedi peeked out, then ducked back inside.  I came back inside and began to read.
   About 30 minutes later, there was a knock on my door.  I opened it, and there was Dave with a handsome grey marmalade-swirled kitten.  Dave had found it in the laundry room, when he went to do his wash. The kitten had popped out from behind a washing machine, and followed him down the hall.  It was a little boy, about 4 months old, very confident, and extremely loving.  Dave didn't know what to do with him - leave him in the laundry room, or take him home.  He ended up going to the laundry and staying with the kitten - and finally someone who lives in building B showed up, looking for the kitten.  We were both relieved.  If Dave hadn't kept him, and he had gone unclaimed, I'm afraid I would have had another kit in my brood...
  I found a few books I was looking for at The Bookworm yesterday, but I'll be visiting the other used bookstores today, in hopes of finding more Joe Grey mysteries.  And I'll also be keeping my eyes open for small stocking-stuffer gifts...  I hope I'll find plenty.  Beatrice is going to wander about the Pearl Street Mall with me today, and I plan on having a good time.  One of the stops that we must make will be at the Liberty Puzzles shop - I love the wooden jigsaw puzzles that my nephew makes, and the whimsey pieces from Liberty make them really special! (See:  http://www.libertypuzzles.com/about)
   Watching the introduction interview/commentary right now with the University of Florida introducing Jim McElwain as the new Gator head football coach.  Having seen him in action on the sidelines when he coached at Alabama, and this year (plus the past two) as head coach for Colorado State, I'm very happy for my alma mater's football program.

No comments: