Wednesday, December 17, 2014

General Things

Our weather folks had said that Monday would be the coldest day of the week; for some arcane reason I believed them.  It was much colder yesterday, and is in the teens this morning, even though they say we'll reach 40 degrees today.  It's snowing in the mountains already, and 2.2 inches are predicted for the day up in Nederland.  We might get anything from a sprinkle to 2 inches tonight.  And people are picking at the weather prognosticators, wanting to know if it will snow on Christmas this year.  Since the white people have been keeping records here in Colorado, it has snowed on Christmas only 14% of the time.  But, the forecasters say that we might get snow next Thursday night.  Having spent the majority of my Christmases in Florida, snow is like a dream, seen in movies and delightful on screen.  It's very cold and messy in person.
   Grandma Anne has been living by herself up on Sugarloaf Mountain, between Boulder and Nederland, since her husband passed away.  For the past few years, she has had Tabitha, a grey tabby shelter cat as her main companion.  Anne, who is in her late 80s, fell on Sunday and broke her right leg.  She had a pin placed in it yesterday, but I'm not sure when she'll be going home from the hospital.  I hate to admit it, but once I asked about Anne's comfort, I immediately asked about Tabitha and her care....  Anne's neighbor is stopping by the house twice a day to look in on Tabby, and give her some company.
   I'm getting ready to head over to the Dellwood house - I need to let the hens out and see if they've laid any eggs; and then I need to feed and love on Carter and Xuxa and clean their litter box before I leave.  My kits have been staying curled up either in bed, or in the dirty clothes hamper since Sunday.  I must say that they have been extremely snuggly with our (finally) seasonal chill.  Rosie is still taking it easy on her walks, and Dr. Katie will see her this morning for an acupuncture and laser treatment, so I'll walk her an hour later than usual today, and then swing by and walk Lucy...  And I need to check in with a new client to see if she really wants me to care for her kits, or not, between Christmas and New Year's.
   And, I find I suddenly want to shoot my television.  All because of a commercial - for a Maserati Ghibli.  It's been shown every 15 minutes since 6 a.m. this morning, and I'm getting tired of the smirking guy driving the car and doing the commentary...  "... And it's only...."

No comments: