Sunday, December 21, 2014

Just Stuff

It's sunny out, but the sky looks ominous; heavy, dark clouds are piled up underneath higher, lighter colored ones.  It was a little cloudy this morning, but the winds are picking up and the snow-bearing front seems to be barreling in from the west.  The current winds, which are predicted to last until midnight, are at 30 to 45 mph, with gusts up to 75 mph.  The wind was so loud, that when I stepped out onto the patio to put some nuts out for the neighborhood squirrels, Nedi stepped outside and immediately back inside.  Usually the only thing that drives Nedi back inside is hail and window-rattling thunder.
   Well, I enjoyed seeing the Redskins win yesterday, and I have to admit it was much nicer to watch them win, than to watch the end of the Colorado State Rams game...  The Utah Utes stomped the Rams; and the interim head coach, who hoped to step on into Jim McElwain's shoes, informed the news people that every single football coach at CSU had gotten their pink slip.  Ouch.  Now it's a waiting game until Monday night for the Broncos to play the Bengals.
   The new season of Downton Abbey will begin on Sunday, January 4; and I'm looking forward to new episodes of Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, NCIS, Person of Interest, How to Get Away With Murder, and Blue Bloods, starting on the 5th.  Then, I will be in my glory (ho, ho!) when Vikings starts their third season on Thursday, February 19.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Rollo sack Paris; and to visit all the other clan members, especially Floki, Athelstan, Lagertha and Ragnar Lodbrok.  And I suppose that we'll also see Bjorn Ironside make some moves on his own...
   For once, we have no set plans for Christmas - I have volunteered to cook a fat hen, a pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy for Kathy and Jim this year - as long as I don't get a cold between now and then.  With her first chemo treatment scheduled for the day after Christmas, she shouldn't be exposed to colds (or ill people in general) until she's finished both the chemo and the radiation therapy.  Both of those things will lower her immune systems tolerance, and none of the family or friends want to be responsible for making her worse.  From Boxing Day until the second of January, I will be running around like mad, taking care of four and five (and possibly six) houses full of critters.  It'll keep me on my toes, anyway!
 

No comments: