Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bits and Pieces

It was nice and warm yesterday, and I spent most of the day listening to the sound of snow-melt pouring from the roof.  I also finished reading Cabinet of Curiosities, then read a Michael Jecks' Knights Templar mystery, and the started on The King's Curse by Phillipa Gregory...  Today should be nice and sunny again, as well as tomorrow.  The Chinook wind will begin Friday night, and is supposed to end sometime Sunday...  On Sunday, I'l be taking care of Tugger and my kits only, and I will be able to breathe easy again.
   I'm hoping that the Colts and the Packers will be winners this weekend, in pro football, so I can root for Green Bay in the Super Bowl.  If the Patriots beat the Colts, then I'll be rooting for whatever team is facing Tom Brady's arrogance.
   So...  Jack Del Rio, the Broncos' defensive coordinator, is now the head coach for the Raiders.  Adam Gase, the Broncos' offensive coordinator, has had six interviews for a head coach position, including one with John Elway, the general manager of the Broncos.  John Fox's new coaching berth is still an open question...  
   The National Western Stock Show is still bulling along, and has another 10 days to run.  I would love to be able to go and spend several days just soaking up all the exhibitions, all the different kinds of livestock, and all of the rodeos and horse shows.  The local news station has spent the morning with the Petting Zoo exhibition, and it's been fun watching "city girls" learning to catch, pick up, and hold baby goats, baby pigs and loose chickens.  I have to admit I grin like an idiot watching these ladies, dressed to the nines, and listening to their comments as they try to grasp and hold a live, wriggling critter.  (Is that mean-spirited of me?)  I mean, I really giggled when a reporter grasped a chicken, held it to her chest and then yelled, "Oh, crap!" when the chicken did exactly that....
   I hope your week is going well - and that your weekend is something to look forward to!

No comments: