Monday, January 5, 2015

Chinook Winds

I didn't feel warm yesterday until I'd been in bed, with my nightcap on, for 3 hours, last night.  I don't remember feeling this cold when we had the deep freeze for several weeks, years ago, when the daily highs were less than 10 degrees for 10 days...  Maybe getting older and the lower radiator heat settings are combining to make me uncomfortable.  However, we're expecting the wonderful Chinook winds to kick in late this morning - because they're blowing in from the west, with a constant wind speed between 35 and 50 mph (with gusts between 70 and 90 mph), we're supposed to have a high temperature of 51 degrees. The high is supposed to be the same tomorrow, and the wind and heat should do a handy job of evaporating most of the snow on the ground.  Of course, the weather folks also say that we'll get more snow Tuesday night, and have a high of 28 on Wednesday - but that the high temps will bump back up into the 40s and 50s afterwards.  We'll see.
  The Colts ran over the Bengals yesterday; so on Sunday, it'll be the Broncos playing the Colts.  Poor refereeing cost the Detroit Lions the game against the Dallas Cowboys...I'm glad I'm not a die-hard Lions fan; I'd have died from apoplexy!  And, even so, I like the Lions more than the Cowboys.
  My friend Beatrice gave me stacking baskets filled with towels and socks for Christmas.  Lovey and Nedi have decided that the two baskets filled with bath towels are absolutely perfect for kitty beds...
Nedi

Lovey

No comments: