Saturday, January 17, 2015

Going Bald

Well, I made an incorrect statement yesterday.  My sister Kathy did not have her third chemo-therapy treatment on Friday; it's scheduled for next Friday, the 23rd.   I called Jim to see how Kathy was feeling, and discovered my mistake.  I haven't seen them since New Years - I had a bad cold for 8 days, and now Jimmy has a chest cold.  Kathy, it turns out, is starting to find her hair falling out by the handful.  The hair loss began earlier this week.  Jim says if it gets much worse, they'll just shave her head.  I have offered to shave my head in support of her - waiting to see if she wants me to do so. I am so glad that we took all those photos of her when we cut her hair on Christmas Day.  My hair has always been very fine and fly-away, thick only on the back of my head.  Kathy was blessed with Grandpa Eben's full head of very thick hair...  I hope that it grows back that way for her after her treatments are over.

No comments: