Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy

I had forgotten what it's like to be able to "sleep in."  I spent last night at Tess, Lily and Lyra's house - and I had last allowed Tess outside at 1:30 this morning, to chase a raccoon from the deck.  I turned off my alarm when  we both went back to bed.  I had the most wonderful dream, and awoke smiling at 5 a.m., my usual time to get up and get going.   I turned over, instead, and went back to sleep.  It was amazing to awaken and have sunlight outside…  It was 8 o'clock, so I got up, fed the kids, got the newspaper in, and looked at the news.  If my kits will allow me to do this on Sunday, I'll be extremely happy.
   I watched the Sugar Bowl and the Rose Bowl yesterday.  Even though I grew up in Gainesville, Florida, I was rooting for the Oregon Ducks to defeat the Florida State Seminoles - and they did, by a huge margin.  I just don't like their quarterback, Jameis Winston, and how he gets charged with all kinds of wrong-doing, but, somehow, never gets convicted.  It just makes me mad.  I was conflicted regarding the Alabama and Ohio State game - Alabama is an SEC team, but I also liked Urban Meyer, the OSU coach, when he was at Florida.  I would have been OK with either winning, but Dad always rooted for the underdog, and so I found myself wanting OSU to beat the number 1 ranked Crimson Tide.  And the Buckeyes did it.   That leaves the national title game to be Ohio State and Oregon.  Even though I live in Colorado now, I'll have to root for the Buckeyes.
  And I get to spend the next week 9 nights in my own bed, with Lovey and Nedi!   I am happy.

No comments: