Monday, January 19, 2015

Thoughts

I was very disappointed by the come-back of the Seattle Seahawks yesterday afternoon in the NFC Championship game.   I really wanted the Green Bay Packers to go to the Super Bowl this year.  I watched the first quarter of the Patriots - Colts game and decided it was to painful to watch.  My interest has been piqued, however, by the information that the NFL is investigating to see if the New England team intentionally used footballs that were not inflated to the correct psi rating....   Hmmmmm...
   The National Western Stock Show is having a much larger attendance than they had last year - of course, it's been much warmer than usual, which helps in attendance numbers.  They do have more exhibitors and vendors this year, but they don't have the Dressage Horse Show (the Dancing Horses) performed with a live orchestra this year.  (And that's one of my favorite things...)  And it turns out the Colorado Horse Park has new ownership and new management - so maybe I'll be able to take in a couple of good shows this year
   I saw Kathy Saturday afternoon - she had on a scarf and knitted cap that our adopted sister, Bernie, has made for her.  She says she now has a little fringe of hair that follows her lower hairline from above her ear on one side to the other ear, plus a little tuft of hair in the center of her head.  Poor thing!  She says that, at the moment, I shouldn't think about shaving my head to show support for her - we'll see how she feels as time, and chemo, goes on.
   I've spent the last two nights at home, and Lovey has been stuck to me like glue.  She leaps up to my shoulder when I come through the door, and has to keep touching me, no matter what I'm doing - unless I'm in the shower.  Then she is sitting on the back of the toilet, watching me through the gap in the shower curtain.  Nedi?  He just wants lots of petting, stroking, and chin scratches.  And he's becoming much more verbal - not quite as much as Lovey, but he's certainly increased his speaking time.  The little grey marmalade tom kitten is still outside at odd hours, asking for Nedi to come out and play.  I have a feeling that Dave might be taking him home, if he continues to be ignored by his owners for such long periods of time.
   I just finished reading Designated Daughters and The King's Curse. I found the afterword of the latter very interesting, and have spent some time, since then, reading about Kell antigens and MacLeod's Syndrome...  t seems that researchers might have finally discovered the reason for all the stillbirths and deaths of Henry VIII's babies - and it wasn't syphillis, as has been widely speculated.  More on that later, however...
   I now have my eyes and mind set on 19 February - for the third season premiere of Vikings.  I can't wait to see the sack/siege of Paris - and to find out what happens to Floki and Athelstan...  

No comments: