Friday, February 27, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

The Grand Jury meeting was cancelled at the last minute yesterday due to the inclement weather.  So I stayed home and had to face the big dilemma of Thursday night - for me, anyway.  Which one of three programs was I going to watch?  They all began at 8 p.m. last night - The Blacklist, How To Get Away With Murder, and Vikings.   It was the last episode of the season for HTGAWM, and was a two-hour long program that was supposed to surprise and confound the viewers.  I really wanted to see it.  On the other hand, The Blacklist is not available to see (freely) on the internet until the next episode has aired; so one has to watch the following episode without knowing all that has occurred previously.  That was a large incentive for me to look at James Spader.  Then there is my Viking heritage that I have to combat.  I say I have to combat it because I've gotten to the point that I really admire the old Viking laws regarding the treatment of women - just like the ancient Irish laws - prior to the insidious teachings of the Christian church that women are chattel.  I was still trying to decide what to watch when it was 7:59, and my hand twitched on the television remote, punching in channel 269 - the History Channel - to see Vikings.   As always, the program was too short.  In the past, even last week, the History Channel has aired a second showing of the Vikings immediately after the first; last night the second showing was two hours later, at midnight.   (I did stay up and watch it a second time.)  But that meant that The Blacklist was over, and the second hour of HTGAWM was airing.  I looked at the news and then read a book until the next showing of Vikings.
   While walking back from Bop and Tico's yesterday, toward the bus stop, I slipped on the ice a bit.  My left foot skidded after I had planted it, and had all my weight on it - it made me windmill my arms, but it didn't hurt.  Until I got home and had been sitting for a few minutes.  I've damaged the knee cap multiple times, and the bursa above it; I've damaged the MCL to the inside of the knee.  Yesterday I apparently damaged a ligament on the outside of the knee - at least, that's where the pain is.  Oh, well...  I'll just wrap it and take Aleve and hope for the best.
   Boulder has had a record-breaking snow amount fall this month.  The old record was 32 inches, and we've had over 52 inches so far, mixed in with those 70 degree days back around Valentine's Day.  We're not expecting snow today, but there will be more measurable snow falling tomorrow afternoon, evening, and night, the last day of February.  It was all of 3 degrees (F) this morning, and it's risen to 8 degrees.  I need to go to the bank, go to the library, and return a key this morning, plus walk Tess.  Then I'll go back and walk Tess again this afternoon...   Going out for brunch tomorrow morning at Turley's Kitchen, again.  It's my favorite place for brunch, and their raspberry muffins are to die for...  Unfortunately, they haven't been available recently; they were listed on the menu board the last time I visited, and I ordered one.  When it arrived, I thought it was the wrong color, and, after I bit into it, I knew that the muffin was pumpkin, and not raspberry.  The server told me they'd already sold out of the raspberry ones, and wasn't the pumpkin a better choice?  I told him that it wasn't, but finished the muffin ,anyway, so it wouldn't go to waste.  I hope they have raspberry muffins tomorrow!

No comments: