Monday, February 23, 2015

It's Still Snowing...

Light snow has been falling since dawn this morning, but we actually had 5 minutes of sunshine pierce the cloud cover a few minutes ago.  I've been over to the Sumac house, fed and loved Bop and Tiko, cleaned their litter boxes, and taken the trash and recycling up the hill to be picked up.  Then I wasn't sure I was going to be able to catch a bus back home - I'd waited for 45 minutes without seeing a bus travel in either direction, and then, at 3 minute intervals, a bus headed by, north-bound.  It took another 15 minutes for the first bus to complete the circuit, and return to pick me up...  I just spoke with Len, and he and Susan are heading up for their ski trip, so I'll be at the ABCs until late afternoon Wednesday.
   I did get to sleep in my own bed last night, with both Lovey and Nedi curled up close and snuggling.  Both Camilla and Lynn returned to the house last night without calling, so it was quite a surprise.  Tess and I had a blast playing outside in the snow yesterday - Tess had the best time "chasing" sleds being pulled by parents up and down the road.  She didn't bark, or frighten the kids, she just had a fantastic time running in circles and bounding through the deep snow around the moving sleds.  Thankfully, all the neighbors' dogs were out playing, too, so it was almost a block party for adults, kids, and dogs.
   The bands of snowfall varied widely over Boulder and the metro Denver area.  About 14 inches accumulated in Lynn's back yard; about 12 inches in my back yard; 27 inches up in Nederland; only 9.5 inches in downtown Denver; 10 inches at DIA; Eldorado Springs had 23 inches; but Westminster, between  Boulder and Denver, got whacked with 32 inches of snow.  It was 7 degrees (F) when I arose this morning - and now, at 10:30, it's 14 degrees.  The Boulder forecast calls for sunshine tomorrow, with a high of 40, and then snow through the weekend.  If one is a ski enthusiast, one is delighted; if one is a commuter, one is disgusted.  I'm neither, and I feel OK about it.
   Thank goodness our public library is open again, with all book areas available!  I've almost re-read all the Special Agent Pendergast books, and I now have three Faerie Wars to read...  Then I can go and browse the shelves to my hearts content again.  It will be a blissful experience.

No comments: