Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sudden Change in Plans

First, the snow has finally begun to fall for our predicted "Big Snow" event.  We were told that we'd get heavy rain, thunder and lightning yesterday afternoon, and that during the night, the rain would change to snow.  No rain. No lightning.  No thunder.  Snow began to fall about 4:30 this morning - and has just managed to cover the grass in the yard.  According to the weather folks, we'll get about 5 to 8 inches of snow by midnight, and then get that amount again tomorrow, with the snow continuing until noon on Monday.
   I was supposed to spend last night here at home with my kits.  I spent Thursday night at Tess's.  Yesterday afternoon, after I had taken all of my stuff home, I got a call from the lady who rents the downstairs apartment - she and her Mom were stuck on the western side of the Continental Divide in a snow storm, and couldn't say when they'd get back to Boulder.  I assured her I'd stay until either she or the owner returned.  Then I called the owner in New York.  She was supposed to fly back in a small private plane on Sunday.  She might not be able to leave until Monday - which has thrown my schedule completely out of whack.  But that's OK.
   I fetched my overnight stuff back last night, and spent the night with Tess again.  Home again, for the moment.  The kits are upset with me, because I'm not giving them enough love…  I'm now back at Tess's and am still watching the snow fall.  The owner called me at home, and asked me to feed the birds, and allow Martine, the gardener, access inside the house.  That's no problem.  I've fed the birds, fed all of her critters, and finished going through my e-mail.  I would really love to snuggle with Lovey and Nedi, but that will have to happen later.
   I was just getting settled down and extremely interested in Vikings Thursday night when the screen started showing the credits.  I felt lost - I had just been drawn back in time, to the early 9th century, and then - boom - it was gone.  I immediately wanted at least three more hours of the show then and there.  And, I have to admit, I watched it a second time, as the History Channel shows it back-to-back on Thursday night.  It was fun to see King Ecbert trying to flirt with Lagertha, and Floki was his usual prickly self.  Ragnar looked concerned about Bjorn's tenderness towards his new wife, and Rollo had his usual "what the…" attitude.
   The Blacklist was also intriguing - and, just as it was getting very intriguing, time was up.  And the writers on How To Get Away With Murder really know how to make a viewer crazy.  Introduce a whole new set of clues, throw Miss Cecily Tyson into the mix, with her own story of sexual exploitation and murder  - and I'm drooling to find out what happens next.  Too bad I'll be at the Grand Jury Thursday night, and will miss each and every show.  I guess I'll have to catch up on-line on Friday...

No comments: