Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Warmth, Lottery, Television

Walking back from the bakery this morning, I realized that only the lower part of Sugarloaf Mountain was visible, and that anything further west was hidden by clouds.  There's a bright blue sky to the east, and above us, but you can see where the forecast rain and/or snow for tonight will come from.  It is snowing over Eldora and Arapaho Basin, but that, too, might change to rain.  That would be disastrous for the Alpine Ski Championships at Beaver Creek - snow would be much better than rain!
   Lovey and Nedi have been enjoying the warm weather - I've been allowing them to stay outside for longer periods of time, since the apartment isn't cooling down so quickly.  Our usual high temperatures at this time of year are around 40 degrees (F), but the past few weeks, we've had highs in the 60s and 70s.  Crocus are blooming, and trees are budding. Our next big freeze is going to kill off a lot of plants, poor things.   The squirrels are filling up on swelling tree buds, and a large number of birds are acting as if it's really Spring - the second week of February...  When the cold hits, it will be hard on both flora and fauna.
   Well, I broke down and purchased a couple of Power Ball lottery tickets for the next drawing.  I know the chances of winning are astronomically huge against my winning, but I don't do it often.  The next Power Ball drawing is currently being estimated at $450 million, if there is only one winning ticket.  Oh, my.  What I could do with that amount - charity and trust donations, scholarships to set up, low-cost animal care programs to set up, TNR programs, and gifts to give...  And a house and a horse for myself.
   Having watched the previews for next week's episode of Gotham, I realized that I'm probably incorrect in guessing that Fish Mooney becomes the Joker.  I might be wrong, but I think we got a glimpse of the Joker in the preview.  I also enjoyed seeing Sleepy Hollow last night.  We know that the former Captain Frank Irving has gone to the dark side and is working for Henry.  The previews for next week indicate that Katrina decides to take a walk on the dark side, too.  Fun, fun, fun!  I'm hoping to be able to see The Blacklist and How To Get Away With Murder on Thursday night, but a jury meeting has been called for 6 p.m.  Of course, we've been summoned four previous times, and have yet to meet, with the things cancelled anywhere between 48 hours to 2 hours before-hand.  I'll believe we'll have the meeting when we all sit down inside the courthouse.

No comments: