Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Not Much....

Boulder had mostly sunny skies yesterday, and a lot of the snow on the ground melted or evaporated away.  I awoke to bright sunshine this morning - which was very strange: the kits let me sleep in and  I forgot to turn my alarm clock on last night.  I checked to be sure the alarm was set for the correct time, but then I, apparently, did not turn the thing on...  Oh, well.  It;s now completely overcast outside and we've had snow flurries falling since I arose at 6:30.  I had a great time with Rosie yesterday, and I think she enjoyed our hour outside immensely, except when a fir tree dumped a large amount of snow on us both.  Rosie jumped forward, shook herself, and then gave me a very reproachful look.  I don't think she realized I was in the middle of dusting myself off, too.  It was funny, looking back.
    On Sunday night, I watched the premiere episode of Battle Creek - only because Dean Winters is one of the stars of the show.  I loved his character, Detective Russ Agnew, and I loved his lines; the guy who plays opposite him was not very likeable, which I suppose is the way the show is written - but I would have been happy to have seen the show without him.   Dean Winters, however, was fantastic - it seemed as if he carried the whole show on his shoulders.  I also enjoyed seeing Gotham last night.  The story lines are very twisted, there is a surprise in every episode, and I always want to see more...
    I started reading Two Graves last night, and had a hard time putting the book down for the night.  Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child have formed an unbeatable team in writing about Special Agent A. X. L. Pendergast, and Gideon; and, indeed, all of their books.  I have a copy of each of their books and re-visit them frequently.  They are great!!!

No comments: