Saturday, April 18, 2015

Vikings - and Life

I was a television slut Thursday afternoon and evening - I watched nine full hours of Vikings on the History Channel.   They had a marathon showing of all the episodes of this season (eight), plus the airing of the new, ninth episode.  The last episode for this season will air on Thorsday, April 23.  And, yes, I meant to misspell Thorsday.  I can revel in my Viking forebears for another week, knowing that the huge group of wonderful actors that brings Vikings to life, will be getting together again (for the most part) in June in lovely Ireland to film the fourth season.  Time has been twisted - after all, it is a fictional show, and the old Norse sagas can't be documented -  but, unless there's a big trick and twist coming in this last episode, it will diverge greatly from the Saga of Ragnar Lodbrok.   But that's OK - this is a wonderful series to watch for the language, the costume, and the fighting techniques.
   We had about four inches of wet snow fall Thursday; yesterday, rain was falling in Boulder onto melting snow - but on the drive to Denver International Airport, fields, pastures, mesas, and mountains were completely snow-covered; there were huge banks of cotton-wool fog; and several highways were closed due to accidents.  The rain and sleet continued to fall until mid-afternoon; then the sun appeared for a few hours, but it began raining again last night.  It was raining this morning when I went home and visited my kits, and was changing to a rain and sleet mix when I headed over to Dellwood to care for the hens, fish and cats.  Xuxa was not happy that I wouldn't let her outside this morning - but I'd rather her and Carter be inside and safe (and upset with me) than have them outside in miserable weather.
   I'm currently back at Tessa's, having taken care of my kits, the critters at Dellwood, doing my shopping, and feeding the critters here (plus walking Tessa).  Tessa and I visited Rosie last night for an hour, and will do so for 90 minutes tonight.  I now have reservations for my vehicle lease for my vacation in July and August, and I have also purchased bumper-to-bumper accident insurance.  The rest of the family purchased their plane tickets last weekend - flying en masse from Denver to Washington National Airport and back.  I'm following the same itinerary, but I'll leave a few days before and follow them home a few days later.  My friend Beatrice will be looking after my cats while I'm gone - and as they both like her, it's wonderful.  She's still not used to Lovey trying to climb her like a tree - but I think I'm the only one used to that habit.
   I'm catching up on missed episodes of NCIS and Person of Interest this weekend, and I did duck into the library and find two new books to read - one's a new mystery by Margaret Coel, and the other is a new Clive Cussler book.  I also picked up a copy of  Thundercloud by Preston and Child, realizing that I haven't read it in over 13 years….
   Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  We'll be getting much needed moisture.

No comments: