Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bolder Boulder and Moving

I spent four hours in front of the apartment yesterday, alternately sitting in a chair and standing, cheering on the wheelchair racers and foot racers of the Bolder Boulder 10K  Memorial Day race.  It's the first time I've done it in five years, because I've been house-sitting and not at home.  Brother-in-law Jim ran yesterday, and sister Kathy walked over from the starting line.  We sat and chatted and yelled encouragement to the runners.  Almost directly across the street was the Centennial State Pipe and Drum Corps - so we had lovely bagpipe music from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m.  I was out there from 6;30 until 10:30, by which time Jim had raced past us, finished, and returned to gather Kathy.  I came back inside, took more cold medicine, popped another cough drop, and climbed back into bed with Lovey and Nedi.  I have to admit that I spent most of yesterday in bed with the kits, reading and/or watching a John Wayne movie marathon on the Western channel.
   After walking Rosie this morning, I'll head over to Enterprise and pick up a car, so that Beatrice and I can go check out the five apartment complexes that we like. One is here in Boulder, two are in Longmont, one is in Lafayette, and one is in Louisville.  All are within a block of a bus stop, and all are also within a block (or two) of a grocery store.  Since I don't drive a stick, I have to rent a car for us to go looking - otherwise, I'd just borrow Kathy and Jim's car, as I did before they purchased their new car.  I am awaiting a response from my apartment manager as to whether he wants me moved out by June 19th, or June 30th.  (I'd prefer the 30th, myself.)  That will, of course, affect when and where Bea and I move, depending upon what is available where.  I keep telling Lovey and Nedi that we're moving, but I don't think it's sunk in, yet.  
   At least I have several financial backers.  Most of the apartments that I've looked at demand that you prove that the tenants have an income of at least three times the amount of the rent.  Well, there's no way that Beatrice and I can do that.  Thankfully, most of the places will accept the signature of a guarantor along with a higher than usual deposit.  I hope to keep the same phone number - and stay with the same carrier for my land-line and internet connection.  Living in Florida would be much more affordable, but I have client bookings through New Years 2016, and I've promised my sister to stay near her.  It's going to be an interesting summer....

No comments: