Friday, May 8, 2015

Odds and Ends

There was a pretty heavy downpour last night, and parts of Norwood Avenue were under standing water this morning when I went to feed and love Seek.  My sweater smelled like Pounce, and Seek let me know she didn't appreciate the scent of a male cat in her house.  After visiting my kits,  I stepped out the south door of the apartment building and looked at Boulder Creek.  It is rising, but it's not at a level that makes me concerned - yet.  Already fed and walked Lola and Cooper, and fed and medicated Pounce and Tipsi, so I have a little while before I'm due at Rosie's.  Maybe it'll stop raining and I can walk her.

This handsome colt is an extreme rarity on a thoroughbred track.  His name is Koda Chrome, by Blue Eyed Streaker, out of A Black Beauty by Atticus; and he's trained by Tom Drury.  His sire is one of two stallions in the thoroughbred registry that carry the overo coat gene.  This three-year-old made his racing debut at Belterra Park in Ohio yesterday.  He was in a speed duel for the lead, and ended up in third place.  Jack Van Berg trained his sire.
   The Grand Jury was cancelled last night, so I was able to watch the next-to-last episode of The Blacklist  - along with next week's teaser where Elizabeth tells Red that she "remembers everything" about the night of the fire (and possibly, all of her own personal history?).   That episode teaser is tantalizing.  SO glad that the show has been renewed and that they have made Hisham Tawfiq a regular co-starring cast member.  Dembe Zuma is an extremely interesting character!

No comments: