Monday, May 4, 2015

Rain and Critters

We had another afternoon thunderstorm yesterday, and they are predicted throughout this week and coming weekend.  I don't mind the rain, or the storms, but I like to see a little sunshine each day - and we might not get that for several days.  Marty just said that we could receive between one and four inches of rain during the next seven days...  It's great for lawns, gardens, and farmers, but too much rain in too short a time can easily cause flooding in Colorado.
   I dropped a piece of food yesterday at Rosie's, and it was something that would make her sick, so I was scrambling to beat her to it, immediately afterwards.  I got it first, but I jammed my forehead into the corner of a what-not table while doing so, and had a huge goose egg for several hours.  The swelling has gone down, but my head is still sore to the touch and I've still got a headache.  Probably gave myself another mild concussion....  I am such a klutz.
   Lovey and Nedi have been extremely loving since my return last night.  Lovey seems to be attached to me with velcro, while Nedi comes back every few minutes for his share of loving.  I'm home for another two nights, and then head off to other houses until the night of the 19th...  Pounce will sleep with me at the first house.  I haven't stayed overnight with the dogs at the second house before, so we'll have to see how that works out...
  I hope that your week is fun, but challenging, and also not too tiring!

No comments: