Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sun!

There is something very strange in my back yard - it's making things sparkle and casting a shadow.  It's bright and shiny and impossible to gaze at straightly.  The sky is blue and then there's this bright thing...  It must be the sun!  I haven't seen it in the early morning for almost twenty days.  It's amazing.   When I looked to the west this morning, I could actually see the Flatirons, the Devil's Thumb, and the tops of Flagstaff, Bear, and Green Mountains.  I can also see the snow covered Indian Peaks, and Mount Audubon, while Sugarloaf  has no snow visible from the east.
  Nedi spent a lot of time outdoors yesterday, while there was a drizzle coming down, but Lovey stayed inside most of the time.  Today, they are both basking in the sunlight on the concrete patio - absorbing the heat and the vitamins.  I guess I'll be sorting through my collection of belongings, deciding what to keep, what to recycle, and what to toss, since I'll be moving.  I'll try to keep all of my books, music, and art work.  Bea and I will need to compare kitchen items and see what we might need.
   Thunderstorms are forecast for this afternoon, and we had two huge lightning storms pass over us yesterday.  Both kits hid as soon as they heard the first big crash.  Nedi dove into his hidey-hole in the closet, and Lovey got inside a box in the corner of the kitchen, under a chair.  We haven't had big thunderstorms in a while...  And the kids know that something is "up."  I've told them we're moving, but  Nedi has lived here since he was 9 weeks old, and Lovey and I moved here when she was eight months old.  I don't think the concept has sunk in.  They're used to spending a week or so at Kathy and Jim's - but then we've returned here.  It's going to be interesting.

No comments: