Saturday, May 30, 2015

White-Knuckle Ride

Had another white-knuckled ride to DIA yesterday morning…  Lynn's plane was due to leave at 8:05, so she was asked to be there by 6:30.  She picked me up at 6:24, and it 's then a 50 mile drive to the airport.  She decided to go on the Express TollWay, where the speed limit is 75 mph.  Several times I made the comment, "Gee, seems like we're going awful fast…"  and each time Lynn looked at her speedometer, we were traveling at 95 mph…  We did manage to get her checked in by 7:05 for her flight, and she made it easily.  I drove back to Boulder, staying within 5 miles of the speed limits.
  I arrived at her place to find that Lyra was locked in the office, none of the critters had been fed, and there was a very pregnant couple (the lady is 10 days overdue) staying in the basement, who have full run of the house.  That was unexpected.  I fed the kids, including the koi, and then hung out the bird feeders that get taken in at night.  Brought Rosie over here for her walk-about, and she promptly (as usual) jumped into the koi pond and had a nice swim.  Tess stood on the top of the waterfall and watched Rosie swimming, again, as usual.  Tess doesn't like to swim….
  I have written twice on paper, and once via e-mail, to my apartment management since receiving the notice that they are not renewing my lease.  Even though I have specifically asked, each time, what date they want me moved out, they have yet to answer.  If I don't hear anything before the 3rd, when my rent is due, I'll pay them for the full month and stay until the end of June - whether they like it or not.  I've already asked a real estate lawyer about it, and he says I'm within my rights, if they don't respond by the 3rd of June.
  Have already been home and spent 2 1/2 hours with my kits - have fed and loved them, checked on my e-mail, fed the squirrels, and cleaned litter boxes.  The men who work on the koi pond are here at Lynn's - they set Tess off barking, with their arrival.  It sounds like the couple downstairs are getting up - water is being turned on in the bathroom.  Yesterday, I finished reading the latest Isaac Bell novel by Clive Cussler, and started the new Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child.  I also need to fill out the new apartment application and make copies of my retirement and Social Security  funding, to send with the application.  I plan on submitting it Monday morning - wish me luck!

No comments: