Monday, August 17, 2015

Back in Boulder

I'm almost amazed....  After arriving home at 9 last night, I realized that I have 2 full weeks to stay at home with my kits and get my belongings arranged in the new apartment.  I need to put together my two new bookcases, and then I can unload my boxes of books.  I'm going to try to weed out at least one-third of the books; luckily the used bookstore is only 1.5 blocks away now.  A few of my older and rarer books will be in special storage, but the majority will be here where I can put my mitts on them.
   Walked Rosie this morning, and stopped by Lynn's house.  Was amazed that one potted flower that I watered daily, until water ran from the bottom of the pot, looked scorched to death.  Everything else looked good - but the bleeding heart looks like it bled to death in a single day.  I hope it can recover.      I've never claimed to have a green thumb, but I do follow care instructions left by owners.  The only things I've had good luck with were some asparagus ferns and pepperomia in Florida , but after taking great care of them, and nurturing and feeding them for three years, someone stole all my plants off my balcony while I was working night shift at the hospital.  I think that Beatrice and I will try to set up a rectangular planter and put in some honeysuckle for hummingbirds for next year.  Or should I just put in a trumpet vine?  I'll have to ask Connie, who's a Colorado master gardener, which would be best.
   Usually the mountains are clear and crisp in the morning air - but today there seems to be a large amount of haze.  I know we're getting a visit from cooler Canadian air trough for the next few days, but I wonder if this haze is from an inversion, or from all the wildfires in California...
   In any event, it will be grand to be able to relax at home, and spend time with Lovey and Nedi - and find that dratted dUSB cord for my camera, so I can download the rest of my vacation photos.  Right now, Nedi is asleep under the bed, and Lovey is asleep in her chair.  I am yawning like I haven't slept in days....  Maybe I'll take a nap.
 

No comments: