Monday, August 10, 2015

Boulder and Chincoteague

'Tis a beautiful, sunny day in Colorado.  I slept well with Rosie last night, and she has been eating like a little piglet for me.  I mention that, because she frequently acts disdainful of the food her owners give her, but not food from me.  I can't figure that out.
   After I went back to Tamarack Court last night, Beatrice informed me that Nedi decided that she was safe to get some loving from...  He stropped her ankles and purred quite a bit for her while she was using my computer.  I guess that someone sitting at the keyboard is considered "safe."
   Have had a wonderful time talking with Lynn about Chincoteague and the ponies.  She wants to see Pony Penning next year.  I have already reserved the place I stayed at this summer for next year - I am hoping and praying that my friends Carolyn and Greg can make it to the island, as well as Rabbitt, a man Carolyn and I went to school with...  Then Lynn hopes to come, also.  Luckily the house sleeps 10, and if everyone can attend, there will be one couple and three singles...
   I was able to go out with Captain Barry for a Sea Exploration cruise, as well as an after-hours trip up the neck with him, his wife Aleda, Jimmy, and Jimmy's parents. (Jimmy works with Aleda at Right Up Your Alley, a food truck behind the Village Mall on Main Street.)  Captain Barry's trips leave from a mooring spot between The Jackspot and the Fairfield Inn & Suites - and they are delightful.  If the band is playing at the Jackspot, they break for a few seconds to wish Captain Barry a "Bon Voyage," and Barry blows his conch shell horn at them...
   The new visitor centers on Assateague are fantastic - I was very impressed by them.  I also fell in love with my cousin, Karen Quillen, all over again.  I looked up to Karen as a child, and desperately wanted to please her.  I found that I still do.  Karen was, and still is, "Miss Karen" to most of the children riding the school bus on Chincoteague Island. She is full of common sense, and speaks her mind.  She gave me gifts to share with the rest of the family when I left - and I have yet to spread them around.  I also got to talk with my cousin Maureen Beebe, and with her two daughters.  It was sheer heaven.
   Back here in Boulder, I was a little nasty yesterday.  Each and every apartment in the new complex we moved into has one, and only one, assigned parking space.  Beatrice and I have number 50.  In my first three weeks here, I left four notes on four different windshields noting that 50 was my space,  I pulled in yesterday evening, and found an SUV from Oregon parked in my spot.  I sat and tooted my horn until several neighbors looked out over their balconies.  The visitor was staying (and doing a party hardy) at the apartment above mine.  He took his time in moving the car...  but I was feeling a bit cranky and wanted MY spot.  Think I was out of line?  The designated spot for that apartment was empty - so I didn't, and don't, feel badly about it.
 

No comments: