Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Odds and Ends

It's a gorgeous day outside.  I wish I was either up in the backcountry of Colorado, without the possibility of seeing another human, or that I was on a small boat off either Chincoteague or Assateague Island.  Have some good snacks, a lot of water to drink, and something good to read - and either sit in a quiet dell well away from a trail, or drift quietly along the shore with the tide....  My idea of heaven.
   Heading back over to Rosie's shortly - Max is home from college, and the family is spending the afternoon and evening up at Brainard Lake.  Since they're eating out, Rosie can't travel with them, so I'll spend the afternoon and evening with her at home.  Yesterday I took her to the Crestview Playground for our walk, and today we went to the Elks' Playground.  Rosie gets to interact with people of all ages and with other dogs at both places.  And she's fascinated by a large dilute calico near the Elks Club - the cat loves to scratch it's back on the sidewalk within 8 feet of Rosie, and Rosie stays quiet until the cat runs back into its yard...  They have a heck of a game going.
   I haven't had a phone account with CenturyLink since 30 June.  When I returned from Chincoteague the first week of August, I found a bill waiting for me for $67.++ - I called immediately and the amount was taken from my bill and the person on the other end of the line apologized.  Today I received a bill from them for $1.97.....  I've got to call them again and find out what the bill is for, and if I have to pay it.  This is ridiculous.
   I must say that Phantom of the Waves has grown up into a handsome yearling - the colt is a half sister to Riptide and to Surfer Princess, a child of Surfer Dude.  Here's a weanling photo by Deb Iddings Noll, followed by a new photo from this summer:
Phantom of the Waves (front, center above - and below)
                            

No comments: