Sunday, September 20, 2015

Updates

First, Dreamer's Faith is still missing from Chincoteague.  Since her theft, the thief has had enough time to have her seen by an equine veterinarian, and to have all of her vaccinations and blood tests (needed for transportation across state lines and national borders) performed, and to get the necessary paperwork.  Of course, Dr Cameron, the veterinarian for the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company, as already done those things.  Since I live in Colorado, I have sent notifications about the theft of Dreamer's Faith to all the local television stations, as well as to 40 equine veterinary practitioners, and have asked them to spread the news with other vets.  The information includes a description, five photos, and information about whom to contact at the Chincoteague Police Department and/or the CVFC.  Since I have yet to find my dUSB camera cord, I don't know which of three buy-back foals Faith was; the three sold for $6,000, $7,500, and $10,000 each.   -   And I'm still reeling from the chutzpah it took to steal her from the Main Street Carnival Grounds corral. This is the first time it's happened since the Firemen took over the Pony Sale 90 years ago.....
   We've had cooler nights here in Colorado, and the CU Buffs showed they drive and courage by winning the Rocky Mountain Showdown in over-time last night.  The Gators managed to win in an ugly game against Kentucky, and the Georgia Bulldogs devastated the Gamecocks.  The Gators will have to become a much better team to be able to defeat the Dawgs this year.
   I've seen lots of local wildlife in the past few days - a doe with twin fawns is staying nearby, and the numbers of rabbits is amazing.  The squirrels are also feeling very frisky.  I miss our fox population; when the coyotes moved in, the fox were either killed, or they moved on.  *sigh*  I really liked the fox, but I don't much like the coyotes.  Fall birds are starting to appear, too, which is a nice change.  Our robins disappear for only a few months and they are still in residence.
   I hope your Sunday is peaceful and relaxing.

No comments: