Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Boulder Snow No Show

I awoke this morning to a damp parking lot, and the sight of a little more snow on the Front Range mountain tops.  We started to have light rain fall about 4:30 yesterday afternoon.  At 6 p.m. you could see that what was falling was mostly rain, with a few small snowflakes mixed in.  We were told that the snow would fall between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. - so I peeked out my window with some trepidation this morning - and I laughed.  There had been snow and ice on the walk in front of my parking space since last Wednesday - not a trace of it this morning, just a slight bit of visible wetness on the brick.  There are damp spaces on our parking lot, and next door at Chez Thuy, but that's it.  The balcony had one wet spot on it, from the dripping of the upstairs neighbor's planter.  It's above freezing, and the sun is supposed to be out later today.  I have to remember that Boulder is not in the same space-time continuum as the rest of the world.
  I'll be heading for in a few minutes to walk my doggies; Beatrice is getting ready to go to work.  Lovey has been upset because the sun didn't make her basking square on Bea's bedroom floor yesterday, while Nedi wants to go outside and play - badly.  Supper at the Cork tonight, with the rest of the Grand Jury and the DAs should be fun.  I just have to find some "nice" clothes to wear out in public.

No comments: