Sunday, November 15, 2015

Odds and Ends

If you watch the Broncos versus Kansas City Chiefs on television today, you'll see beautiful blue skies and probably hear that the temperature is in the 60s (F).  It is a totally gorgeous Colorado fall day - it was 25 degrees when I got up at 6, and, now, at 8:30, it's 45 degrees.  No clouds are visible, but snow from Wednesday morning is visible in shadowed places along the Front Range.  Heck, there's snow in our parking lot, and in Lynn's back yard...
   Our forecast calls for rain and snow starting late tomorrow afternoon - but the computer programs vary greatly in the forecast.  One says a little rain, followed by "a trace amount to four inches" of snow.  One says a half-inch of rain followed by twenty-two inches of snow.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens.  Since Boulder is in a valley in a curve in the mountains Front Range, snow amounts are always a guessing game.
   I'm invited to join the Grand Jury members, District Attorneys, lawyers, police witnesses, and various agents for supper at the Cork restaurant on Tuesday night.  That's where we get to chat with the DA's office and tell them what we liked about our Grand Jury experience, and what we think could make things better for future juries.  We were offered pizza almost every night we met for Jury duty, so filet mignon or prime rib will be a treat...  And I'm going to ask #6 if his name is John Drake...  (I know it isn't, but I want to see if he understands my question.)
  There's a tummy bug going around Boulder, and I had a light case of it earlier this week.  Beatrice had to stay home from work for two days, but luckily has today and tomorrow off.  She's feeling much better...
  We did get her curtain rods and thermal curtains up in her room on Thursday.  I thought that Mike was going to put up the curtain rods above the sliding glass doors on the balcony at the same time, but he didn't.  That means I'll have to do it.  And I special-ordered 95-inch long drapes on Tuesday, and paid extra for two day shipping.  I was told they would arrive on Friday, but haven't seen them at all.  I've contacted the company, asking where they are, but haven't yet received a response.
  Wednesday I begin a three-week pet-sitting job - cats, chickens and fish, not to mention mail gathering and snow-shoveling, as needed.  I'll need to let the hens out about 8 every morning, and get them back into their coop before dark...  Feed them, gather eggs, check their feet and grease them, if needed.  The fish are actually hibernating, so I just need to make sure the pump is running in their pond.  The cats will be fed and loved, played with, and I'll clean their potty boxes.  The weather will decide whether I allow them out out not - I have no worries about Carter - he has a thick coat and plenty of body heat, but Zuza is tiny, with a thin, silky coat.  It'll be a judgement call...

No comments: