Monday, December 28, 2015

Books and Critters

Yesterday and today have been busy - met the Brittany Spaniels' family at 5:20 yesterday morning, and was a passenger to DIA, then drove back home to feed the girls.  Roxie and Finney are fun.  Then over to take care (feed, water, and walk the dogs, and feed and water the hens) of the Chandler critters.  Discovered their Subaru in the driveway has a flat tire this morning - I hope they have a spare.  Spent the night with the girls, and enjoyed the fireplace.  But, after feeding and walkin them, and taking care of the Chandler critters this morning, it was still only 4 degrees (F) when I came home to my place to feed the kits and clean their boxes.  Lovey attached herself to my chest and wouldn't let go, once I sat down.  Nedi explored the balcony for 5 seconds and returned inside.  Taking down the Christmas tree tomorrow - have to find a small box to place all the new ornaments in.  Finished re-reading Betrayer and Intruder yesterday - began another Jack Reacher novel last night, and it's very good, as usual.  Then I'll begin The Bone Labyrinth....
  Beatrice made herself Belgium waffles for breakfast today - glad I picked up milk on the way home from the Spaniels.  Looks like I'll have a pizza while watching the Broncos and Bengals play tonight; I could prepare chicken and broccoli risotto, but I think I'll put that together tomorrow.  It's 3:55 now, and the sun is going behind a cloud that's sitting on top of Mount Sanitas - it'll be behind the mountains in 8 minutes and the darkness will begin again.  I don't like winter, even though I know that the natural world has to have time to prepare for Spring renewal.  I want sunshine and warmth!  Or the sea, at least!

No comments: