Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Colorado Springs & San Bernardino

I have always been extremely happy that I am a native-born American - a born and bred citizen of the United States of America.  America is my country, right or wrong.  As a voting citizen, I must follow our laws and rules of conduct.  I have always been proud to state that I am an American.  After the shootings last week in Colorado Springs, and the shootings today in San Bernardino, California, I am not sure if I want to claim to be "proud" any more.
   Today is the 334th day of 2015.  The San Bernardino shooting was the second mass shooting of the day in the United States.  It was the 355th mass shooting incident of this year - and the day is not yet over.  What has become of our great nation?  Why are these stupid shootings happening?  When did  "the normal thing to do" become loading up one's assault-style rifles, adding hand guns, and then bombs to deal with something or someone who upsets you?
    This reeks of sheer terrorism by the individual, to me.  Our movies, television shows, and computer games seem to make the majority of the public believe that it is fine to go out and kill anyone who makes you angry....
   I am very sorry, and disgusted, that our country has fallen to this level of depravity.

No comments: