Sunday, December 20, 2015

Dogs and Things

Well, I pulled out my little black box of hocus-pocus last night, ran a couple of programs, and, so far, my computer hasn't frozen.  Looks like my PC geek friends know their business - and I appreciate them greatly!
   Wow.   Victor and Xena have matured  amazingly since I last cared for them.  I am very impressed by the job that the owners and sons have done with these two dogs.  When they were adopted as puppies from the Humane Society, the family was told that Victor was a shepherd mix and that Xena was a boxer mix.  At that time, Xena had a head that looked as if she was half-boxer, and Victor looked exactly like the streamlined statue of Anubis in The Ten Commandments.  They both had excessive energy and were aggressive friend-seekers - which frightened most people and other dogs.  What a difference a year makes.  They still bark in greeting of arrivals - but they stay seated and calm.  They stay seated for treats and chew each one carefully.  And they have grown into large dogs.  Both now look as if they have a great deal of pit bull blood in them - their body build, their musculature, and the way they move.  Their jaws are most indicative of their ancestors, but they are the biggest love-bugs I've dealt with.  Xena now looks like she's half Anatolian Shepherd and half pittie.  Victor looks as if he's a pittie and Basenji cross.  They have both turned into wonderful companions.
  It's grey and overcast today.  We had a high in the upper 40s yesterday, but I don't think we'll reach 45 today.  Snow is slowly melting off roof tops, and while most major roads in Boulder are snow free, residential areas still have several inches of packed snow and ice on them.  And the Broncos play in Pittsburgh today.  If Denver wins, I will celebrate...  Just because I detest Roethlisberger so thoroughly.
  I slid on the ice yesterday, again, landing on my bad knee.  Took a 3 by 5 inch patch of skin off, through my denim jeans, and broke a blood vessel.  Swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe.  And I made a lemon pound cake last night to help relieve my sorrows.  Bea and I ate half of it after she came home from work last night...  Somehow, I feel better.  (Ha, ha, ha!)

No comments: