Friday, December 4, 2015

This and That

Well, at least I've calmed down a bit from the craziness in California.  I was so upset that I ground my teeth together so hard that I dislocated my right jaw for the second time, but other than that, I'm OK.  After my diatribe the other evening, please let me make one thing clear:  I am not in favor of total gun control.  I believe that we Americans should be able to own hand guns and rifles.  If I lived by myself in a rural area, I would, personally, want to own both.  My problem is allowing the regular population to own assault-style weapons.  One doesn't need an automatic machine gun for hunting game, or scaring varmints away from the house or farm.  I believe that assault-type weapons should only be in the hands of SWAT teams and members of the Armed Forces of the United States.  I don't think there is any reason for a member of the general public or population to have an assault-style weapon.
   The coop seems lonely without Gladys.  Alcy, Io and Copper are not as friendly or gregarious as Gladys was.  Gladys and Vega were quite a pair - but Vega decided to wander away from the house one day and didn't return.  Gladys, thankfully, was a "home body."
   There is still snow on the ground, and it was 25 degrees when I left home at 7:15 this morning.  The street in front of Rosie's house is still heavily iced, as are parts of Emerald Road.  Some sidewalks are still under a coating of compacted snow, but the majority are clear.  Beatrice and I are going to take the grocery basket out and do our heavy-duty shopping today.  Kitty litter, canned cat food, toilet tissue, cereal, oatmeal, soup, crackers, nuts, juice, soda, and our Christmas turkey are all on the list to buy. She'll continue on into work, and I'll bring the groceries home and put them away.
   I just scheduled my annual check-up for the 16th - my medications will run out on the 20th, so I was lucky to get an appointment.  Have to go in fasting, for the blood draw, but other than that, it's no problem.  My  Medicare will pay for the annual visit and most of the lab-work.
 

No comments: