Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Power Ball Lottery Dreams

I purchased my usual 3 tickets, or chances, for tonight's Power Ball lottery drawing.  The jackpot for tonight's drawing has reached $1.5 billion.  If a single person wins the lottery, and chooses to receive a single cash payment, they will receive about  $930,000,000.00  before taxes.  The other choice is to receive annual payments over 30 years, of  $50,000,000.00, again, before the tax man arrives.  I simply can't comprehend those amounts of money.....   It's more than the gross capitol income of quite a few small countries.  Wow.
    I think buying three tickets is a good choice.  If you don't buy, you can not win.  Tickets cost $2 or $3 each.  The odds of one winning are astronomical - almost 300 million to 1.  Six dollars will not break me this week...  I might win nothing, I might win $2, or I might win the jackpot...  It'd be nice if I did, but I'm not counting on it in any way.  The people who concerned me were the folks handing over anywhere from $100 to $1,000  for tickets - I just hope they can afford to lose that amount.  Chances are against  all of us winning.

No comments: